5 km - BAMBI TRAIL
The start and finish of the 5 km distance will be next to the beautiful Kočevsko lake, where the entire festival takes place. It is a circular route that discovers the beautiful forests of Kočevsko and the wild but friendly destination of Kočevsko.
The route is designed to be perfect for beginners in the world of running and trail running. It has very little elevation gain and follows beautiful meadow and forest paths. So don’t worry: there are no technical and demanding sections, which means you can enjoy the beautiful green nature in peace!
The route has no time limit, so you can even walk the entire distance.
2 specialties on the 5 km route!
- Special feature – Running for families and groups: When registering, you can also choose to register as a family or group, which means you can run with your family or with a group of friends (up to a maximum of 5 people). It is a non-competitive discipline in which the main focus is an unforgettable experience in nature!
- Special age group categories for the youngest trail runners: For Bambi trail, we prepared additional age group placements for the youngest. Therefore, all children older than 10 years are welcome to participate, as the 5 km distance and age groups created especially for them represent an excellent introduction to the world of trail running!
Date of competition: 1. 6. 2024
Organizer JATrail, tekaška doživetja in organizacija dogodkov, d. o. o.
Start: Rudniško jezero, Kočevje
Finish: Rudniško jezero, Kočevje
Distance: 5,9 km
Elevation gain: 70 m+
Time limit: no limit
We are trying to reduce negative effects of the festival on the environment, therefore cups for one-time use will not be available at the water stations and feed zones. We ask runners to bring their own cup, bottle or a camel bag to use it at water stations and fit zones for water and energy drinks.
There will be one (1) aid station at our 5 km race.
Location 1 (F+D)
F = food
D = drinks
Distance from the start
Registration - families
A family/group consists of a minimum of two (2) runners and a maximum of five (5) runners.
It is a non-competitive event – timed, but no awards for the fastest groups/families.
A group/family can consist of only male members, female members or a mixed team.
Groups/families start the 5 km run together with the other runners.
The start takes place at the same time as for all other runners.
All runners in the group run the entire distance of the 5 km course and must cross the finish line together.
Registration for the entire group/family can be done by only one runner – in the registration process, register yourself first and then the other(s).
The entry fee for everyone is paid by the person who registers the group/family.
Since family/group run is non-competitive, there is no minimal age for kids’ participation.
Registration deadlines and fees for families
All runners receive
- Food and drinks at refreshment points along the route
- Finisher’s medal
- A meal in the finish area
- Men up to 30 years (born 1994 or younger)
- Men up to 40 years (born between 1984 and 1993)
- Men up to 50 years (born between 1974 and 1983)
- Men up to 60 years (born between 1964 and 1973)
- Men above 60 years (born before 1964)
- Women up to 30 years (born 1994 or younger)
- Women up to 40 years (born between 1984 and 1993)
- Women up to 50 years (born between 1974 and 1983)
- Women up to 60 years (born between 1964 and 1973)
- Women above 60 years (born before 1964)
- Age group girls/boys up to 12 years old (born 2012 and younger)
- Age group girls/boys up to 15 years old (born between 2009 and 2011)
- Age group girls/boys up to 18 years olf (born between 2006 and 2008)
In order for a category to be valid, there must be at least 10 female or male runners signed up.
* BIB number must be placed at the front of your body, to your t-shirt or a belt
* You need to bring your own drinking cup (15 cL minimum). There will be no plastic cups at aid stations, so each runner must provide their own.
* Hooded jacket. The jacket must have a hood and must be waterproof.
* Basic first aid kit, which must have at least one or two gauzes, one elastic bandage and a packet of plasters.
- The registration service will be set at the main festival venue.
- By registering in the online application form and paying the registration fee, the competitor confirms that he agrees with the conditions and that he competes at his own risk. For entries on the venue on the day of the event, the competitor signs the application form confirming the acceptance of the conditions and the competition at his own risk.
- For minors, the responsibility is taken over by parents or guardians who sign the application form upon registration.
- Participants allow photographing and allow the organizer to use the photographs for the promotion of the Kočevsko Outdoor Festival.
- Medical care will be placed along the trail.
- The organizer reserves the right to make changes to the event program. If any changes shall be accepted the participants will be notified in time.
- The organizer does not accept liability for any damage or injury made by the competitors to themselves, to other competitors or to a third person.
- The organizer does not accept liability for any damage made on your running gear.
- All runners participate at their own responsibility.
- A designated parking space will be available for teams, competitors and spectators.
- We do not return paid registration fees.